You may not have to look any further than your gutters. It may seem like an odd place to look, but your gutters can play as much of a role in your curb appeal as your roof or even landscape work! Your Minneapolis roofing company can provide a custom gutter look your neighbors will be envious of!
Why is curb appeal important to start with? Many home buyers make the decision if they are going to even look inside a house or not based on its curb appeal. Having good curb appeal ideas for the outside of your home can make potential buyers want to come inside.
Curb Appeal Ideas
In addition to curb appeal gutters serve a crucial purpose. They are an unsung hero of the house. They provide an important service by moving all of the water that falls during a storm. The water moves down your gutters and downspouts.
This means that all the water coming down in a storm isn’t falling straight down from your roof in to your home. By setting your downspouts away from your house water won’t drain directly next to your house leading to damage of the foundation or siding, or even flooding your basement.
Spend some time thinking about your gutters before they are clogged, overflowing water, or breaking off the side of your home.
Gutter come in a wide range of materials, sizes, and shapes. They range for DIY vinyl gutters to custom fit seamless gutters. Your Minneapolis roofing company can custom fit gutters to your home in a number of materials. One of the best choices available? Copper.
Copper is durable and requires very little maintenance. Copper doesn’t rust and you do no need to paint it. This type of gutter installed properly could last your 100 years!
Looking for curb appeal ideas, cooper gutters!
Copper gutters complement traditional houses very nicely. Copper begins to oxidizes to a matte brown in within months. Copper turns blue-green over the length of decades.
After the Install
Gutters will get debris in them. It is a fact of home ownership. When that happens you will have to clean out the gunk to get your gutters back to functional condition and water flowing out of them. Here are some great tips to cleaning out your gutters safely and easily.
- Use a system that allows you to rest your ladder on your roof instead of your gutters. This will give you the most stability when working and prevent scratches to your new copper gutters.
- Wear gloves. You should keep your hands and arms safe by wearing gloves and using a gutter scoop.
- Concentrate on the areas that count the most. If you begin clearing your gutter at the downspout you create a space for the standing water to escape. Elbows could be another trouble spot. If you can’t clear the elbow with a spray of water you may have to take it apart to clear a tough clog.
- Clean from the ladder. Cleaning your gutters while standing on the roof is more likely to lead to a serious fall than clearing your gutters from a ladder.
- Hose them down. When you’ve finished with your gutter scoop bring up the hose. When you hose everything down you can tell that you’ve cleaned everything out and water is moving through them like you should.
Your Minneapolis roofing company can help you install custom copper gutters on your home they are perfect for the homeowner searching for curb appeal ideas. Copper gutters can complete the look of a home.
Contact Tradition Roofing and Exteriors MN for your no obligations estimate and additional information on creating custom copper gutters on your home.